Skip to main content

Week 4

 

친구와 가족!
Friends and family!

ALSO I would love to get letters from you guys! I'll add the address at the end.

SUNDAY we had a cool "go and do experience". You essentially pick a question you have about life and ponder it for 
awhile. Use your resources to find an answer for yourself or just learn more about it. We had talked a lot about the 
quote "all that is unfair about life can be made right through the atonement of Jesus Christ". I thought about it for awhile.

 I remember feeling like life is unfair, especially with siblings, and other things going on in the world. And somtimes 
you start to sit and wonder what life would be like if it was fair. 

If life was fair, every single one of us would be on a cross. The only one who wouldn't be, is Jesus Christ. 

What a blessing it is that life is unfair. 
And that it can be made fair through Him.

I looked out the window of the classroom I was in, and guess what was right there. The Vanuatu flag. The closest 
one to us. I know God knows us perfectly and personally. He knows what we need. I know miracles still happen daily. 
Sometimes they are small, sometimes big, but always there. I encourage you to look for them.

TUESDAY night we got together and made little hearts with the names of all the new girls in our branch arriving on 
Wednesday, and taped them to their room doors. We ran out of tape and had to ration it but the tape we had didn't 
stick very well. We used all of it we had left. It worked out perfectly.

WEDNESDAY we went to the store here on campus. As we left the store, I had the impression to check if the store had 
tape. My companion and I went back in and found it, so I bought some. We went back to our apartment and one of the 
other girls in our district came to our door. I showed her the tape, excited that we would have it for future projects. She 
said "that's perfect because I just checked the doors and the names are all gone. We have to make more before they get 
here."
I was so glad that I was able to follow that prompting to check for tape at the store. We were able to have it when we
 needed it most.

At dinner, my district decided to start a fast for our families and learning Korean. We started right after dinner and planned 
to fast til dinner the next night.

THURSDAY we woke up and went straight to the gym to play pickle ball, but we ended up having to do a gym orientation
 instead because it was our first time using the gym. It was okay because we had extra time due to skipping breakfast. 
We also had more time to study and explore campus due to skipping lunch. I had never fasted for that long before and 
I thought it would really be a struggle, but surprisingly I didn't think about it as much as I thought I would. I'm so grateful 
for the opportunity we had to fast together and that we were all willing to keep each other accountable. It's amazing to see 
us all come together and work as a team supporting each other towards the same goals. 
The South Korea flag was finally on the flag poles! We had been checking all the flags daily since getting here and we 
were all so happy to finally see it. 

FRIDAY during one of our 10 minute breaks in class we decided to attempt one of those pictures where we stack our 
heads around the corner of a wall. We also did some other ones but it was something so random and silly that gave us 
all a good laugh that was much needed. 

I am so grateful for all of you. I am so grateful for the role you have had and continue to have in my life. I love hearing 
how you guys are doing and how things are there. 

Here's the address for letters!

Sister Lyberti Olsen
07-09 | KOR-SEOS
2005 N 900 East, Unit #177
Provo UT 84602
United States

Annyeong, 
올센 자매

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

week 9

Week 7

week 10