week 11

July 20,2026 

 안녕하세요 여러분 Hello everyone! Let's talk about the week! My companion 김유림 자매님 lost her wallet in the mall and we didn't realize it til we got home. We had 10 minutes before we had to be somewhere so we rushed back to the mall and ran up the escalators to the stores we had been to. The store we spend the most time in doesn't have a worker, just a self checkout machine. We looked everywhere and even called the number for help but they didn't have it. We left and went to English class. After class, we came home and searched the house but still nothing. We even went to the security room in the mall to ask if they had it. We were feeling very discouraged and we prayed that we would be guided and able to find the wallet. We were running late and had a member meal to be at so we rushed to the subway station. On the subway, we talked with a sweet old man and we shared that she had lost her wallet and couldn't find it. He said we should try calling the police station. We called, and they had it!! Someone had found the wallet and taken it the 30 minutes away to the police station! We were able to go to the station and she got her wallet back! If we hadn't have thought the check the mall security room, we wouldn't have been running late, and we wouldn't have met the guy on the subway with the idea to call the police station. I know prayers are answered. Not always how you want them to be answered, and not always how you think they will be, but I promise they always are. Have faith, trust that they will be answered, give it time, and you'll see. This week, the 7 of us missionaries in my ward sang in church! We sang "I will walk with Jesus" in Korean! I'll add a link to listen to this song online. We had many people tell us we did really well, but our Korean teacher from our church told us we sounded like dying geese hahaha. We all matched and wore yellow so hopefully that distracted them from our singing a bit. Here's the link: 예수님 손잡고 함께 걸어가리 https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/study/music/hymns-for-home-and-church/i-will-walk-with-jesus?lang=kor I am getting used to life in Korea and understand more and more each day, even if it's just a little. It's crazy to think that I only have 15.5 months left out of 18, and I've only been here 2 weeks. It is going to fly by so fast and before you know it I'll be home again. I am so excited to see what happens while I'm here and to tell you guys all about it! Please be patient with my Google Photos, I still do not have a phone so I was only able to upload a few today but hopefully next Monday I can do more! I have so many food pictures to share. I would love to get letters from you guys! And I hope you will brave the adventure of sending a letter across many oceans to Korea. I will send one back!! (as soon as I figure out how to get stamps) My address is: Sister Lyberti Olsen 348, Suji-ro, Suji-gu, Yongin-si Gyeonggi-do Rebublic of Korea 16832 I love all of you guys and I know Jesus loves you. See ya soon, 올슨 자매

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

week 9

Week 7

week 10