week 16
Aug 23, 2026
Hello hello!!
Last week was indeed supposed to be Week 15. Whoops.
Okay okay how has everyone been these past 4 days?? Do tell.
Word of the week is 당근 (dahnghun) (its so hard to type the english pronunciation for these) This means carrot. Carrots are yummy. This has noting to do with the rest of the email haha.
These past 4 days have been pretty chaotic. Friday we traveled to Seoul again for a conference with Elder Bednar! It was combined with the Seoul missionaries so I got to see Sister Laban and Sister Wilkinson who i was in the MTC with!
After the conference my comps separated and went with their new comps and I was throw in a temporary trio for the night. We slept over at the Suji ward sister's apartment. One of the sister's I was with had a 6:30am bus she had to catch here in Bundang, which meant waking up at 5am, leaving the house at 5:30, and a 20min walk to the subway station with their luggage.
We walked out the door. Oh what's that?
Pouring rain.
Blowing sideways.
Flooded roads.
Thunder.
20 minute walk in the pouring rain across flooded roads (now rivers) pushing giant heavy luggage.
We still thought we could do it.
We each had a little umbrella. We began the journey. While crossing one of the river roads, one bag broke open and everything fell out in the river road. We tried to grab everything as fast as we could and get out of the road.
At this point my umbrella was doing more harm than helping (was not helping at all). My shoes were soaked. Socks were wet. My hair was like we just got out of the pool after doing a cannon ball. My skirt was like I just grabbed it from the washer.
And yet we still walked.
We stopped under a bus stop to try and get out of the rain. We decided to wait the 15 minutes for the first bus of the day. Accepted that we would miss her bus and that we would find another way.
And we did- both miss her bus and find another way. And it all worked out.
Even if things do not go to plan, even if the unexpected or unconvenient happens, I promise there is another way. I promise it will work out how it needs to.
Because she missed her bus, I didn't have to wait 2 hours alone in the bus terminal for my new companion. Because she missed her bus, I was able to actually sit down with this sister and get to know her and her story. Because she missed her bus, she didn't have a 2 hour bus ride alone to her new area.
And we both needed that.
If there is unconvenient or unexpected in your life right now, I promise it will work out. And I know that through it, you can find peace in Christ.
Words of Mormon 1:7
"And I do this for a wise purpose; for thus it whispereth me, according to the workings of the Spirit of the Lord which is in me. And now, I do not know all things; but the Lord knoweth all things which are to come; wherefore, he worketh in me to do according to his will."
Even though we do not know all things, we can trust Him and have peace because He does know all things. He is in control, and He is in the details.
How grateful I am that He is the one in control and not me. How grateful I am that He is all knowing.
To see some still moments of my adventures click here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/2mHSSBgq2RK6ajNR6
I also just found a ton of photos from my very first day in Korea so you can see those too.
Have a wonderful week and I look forward to hearing from you all.
올슨 자매
Comments
Post a Comment